Security Checks You Can Do At Home
While we continue spending more time in our homes, it’s important to maintain security measures that keep our families and businesses safe. These security checks you can do at home help keep your Myrtle Beach residence and commercial businesses safe with security solutions from Coggin Security.
Keep Reading for our Safe From Home Checklists from Coggin Security’s Myrtle Beach security specialists.
Safe at Home: Residential Security Checklist
Make sure your home security system is up-to-date performing security checks you can do at home, such as:
- Testing and changing smoke detector batteries. Routine maintenance of your smoke detectors is crucial for fire safety. It’s recommended that you change your smoke detector batteries every 6 months. Don’t forget to stock up on extra batteries if you won’t be visiting the store as frequently.
- Checking your fire extinguisher’s date. Rechargeable fire extinguishers must be recharged every 6 years, whereas disposable extinguishers must be replaced every 12 years. Make sure that fire extinguishers are as accessible as possible. Extinguishers should be placed every 50 ft. or so on each floor in an easy to reach location. Double-check
- Updating your home security system. One of the best ways to make sure your home is protected is to make sure your system is up-to-date. Install new security systems at doorways and other possible entry points. Integrate your security system with smart technology, like Ring Cameras from Coggin Security, so you can monitor your home from anywhere. View the latest home security systems from Coggin Security.
- Checking for overloaded outlets. Check your outlets and avoid power surges and electrical fires. With more people working from home, now is not the time to overload an outlet with high voltage tech or appliances. Take stock of where you would be better off using electrical strips so that you can purchase any additional power strips before your last grocery run.
- Checking locks and inspecting windows. Double-check that your locks work on all your windows and doors. With more time at home, you may notice additional entry points or susceptible areas of your home. Virtually speak to a Coggin Security Representative in Myrtle Beach, SC, to discuss any concerns or questions you may how to update locks within an integrated security system.
Security While Working From Home: Commercial Security Checklist
While you’re not at your place of work, there are still a variety of security checks you can do from home. With our systems, you can still monitor the building and the safety of your commercial business, even when you are not there. With so much uncertainty in the world, it can only help your peace of mind to know that your business is safe, secure, and protected. Properly installed cameras and smart security systems let you check on your business from the comfort of your home
- Implement safe practices before you board up your business. Don’t forget to Unplug unused or unnecessary electronics. Ensure all faucets are off and check for potential leaks that could cause harm if left unchecked. Lock windows and reinforce possible entry points with added security.
- Check camera feeds and sync to devices. For your own peace of mind, monitor your business from home with smart security solutions. An integrated, smart security system from your local Myrtle Beach security company will sync camera feeds to your devices. Monitor your business at any time and from any place.
- Alert your security system monitoring professionals of any changes to hours. Coggin Security commercial security systems come with 24/7 monitoring, keeping you and authorities alert of any suspicious or unexpected activity. If you are concerned about any potential security threats or breaches, be sure to let your monitoring professionals know. Our around the clock team will be part of your business’s first response in the event of any security breach, keeping you and your business safe.
- Schedule a future security inspection with local experts. Technicians and security professionals from Coggin Security can help identify and protect susceptible areas of your commercial building, ensuring they stay safe whether you are at work or working from home. To schedule an inspection, contact us at (843) 903-7270.
Our Response to COVID-19:
During this time we want to put the safety of our customers first so we’re taking all the steps to make sure you feel safe and healthy while ensuring that you have the home and commercial security you need.
Coggin Security has been actively and diligently monitoring information provided by the CDC and local government agencies in regards to COVID19. Our policies have been adjusted to keep our customers and technicians safe. Some of the policies we’ve recently implemented include:
- Repair and service technicians will call ahead to discuss the details of the job in advance and to establish protocols specific to each customer so that everyone remains safe.
- A 6-ft distance will be enforced as well as trying to stay inside the home as little as possible while getting the job done as quickly as possible.
At Coggin Security, we want to make sure you stay comfortable, healthy, and safe. If you have any questions about security solutions during this time or need in-person security installation, Coggin Security is here to help.